Did you know that the adult brain loses an average of 85,000 neurons per day?
In early childhood, the brain is very active, growing new neurons and establishing new connections between synapses. The brain activity of the elderly is significantly reduced. As we age, muscles tend to shrink, and a similar process occurs in the brain.
What causes brain aging?
Although everyone’s brain ages at different rates, many factors can cause premature brain aging, such as:
- Unhealthy lifestyle
- Weak circulation
- Little or no exercise
- lack of sleep
- Head injury
- Smoking, drinking, recreation or prescription drugs
- Health struggle and disease
The good news is that these problems can be avoided or mitigated. No matter how you treat the brain in the past, it can improve cognition and memory, and slow down the speed of brain aging. No matter what season you are in, the state of brain reserves may determine the speed of brain aging.
One of the best ways to understand brain aging is through a concept that Dr. Daniel Amen calls “brain reserve”.
Brain reserve is an extra buffer for brain function and can help you cope with challenges. Generally, the more brain reserves you have, the stronger your ability to adapt and the stronger your brain’s ability to adapt to the aging process.
More and more science shows that even before you conceive, your parents’ lifestyle habits lay the foundation for your overall physical and mental health and well-being. For better or worse, the habits of your parents (ie non-smokers/non-smokers, good/poor diet, etc.) will affect your brain reserves. Of course, as you continue to age, your daily habits and behaviors may increase or deplete your brain reserves.
How to slow down the brain aging process
To slow down the aging process, you need to love your brain, avoid things that hurt your brain, and do things that help your brain. Although easy to understand, these three steps are difficult to implement. Therefore, it is important to develop daily habits that can protect the brain from possible damage and aging of the brain.
As you grow older, you can do many things to preserve memories, prevent cognitive decline and improve brain health. In addition to continuous physical exercise, healthy diet and quality sleep, there are other ways to prevent brain aging…
3 ways to protect the brain from premature aging
1. Build strong connections
Building a community of friends is very important. Good friends can have a positive effect on your health, and unhealthy friends can have the opposite effect. Studies have found that healthy friends can help reduce the risk of cognitive decline by providing emotional and psychological stimulation, prevent memory loss and extend life.
Develop friendships with new friends. When you are with positive and interesting people, you can exchange ideas and gain new perspectives. Make sure to stay with people who encourage and challenge you.
2. Learn new knowledge
One of the best ways to broaden your horizons is to continue to engage in new learning. When you stop learning, your brain starts to die. Your brain is like a muscle-the more you use it, the stronger it will become.
When you learn something, new neural connections are created, thereby improving your memory. No matter how old you are, mental exercise has an overall positive effect on your brain. Set aside 15 minutes of the day to learn new knowledge.
3. Get nutritional support
You can improve your cognition and memory through healthy habits. One of the best ways to prevent brain aging is to use high-quality vitamins, minerals and nutrients. Formulating daily supplementary procedures is the nutritional guarantee for overall health.
BrainMD proudly provides several highly effective, ultra-pure supplements, which are formulated to naturally enhance your cognition and memory.
- Brain curcumin– Brain Curcumins provides three main curcumins as Longvida® preparations, which are well absorbed. Longvida® helps fight physical fatigue and maintain healthy mood and cognitive function. It also supports working memory under mental stress.
- Improved brain power and memory-Brain and memory booster contains a series of powerful nutrients, which are clinically proven to help protect blood circulation in the brain, enhance mental connectivity, acuity and sustained concentration.
- Smart memory powder– Bright Minds memory powder is an advanced memory supplement formula that can be remembered! Just one drink a day can supplement your brain with important vitamins and minerals, helping you stay energetic, focused and sharp throughout the day.
- NeuroPS-Improve the memory of names, faces, numbers and words. NeuroPS contains phosphatidylserine (PS), which is the most effective health food for the brain.
- Omega 3 power supply–Through ultra-pure, highly concentrated Omega-3 Power, enhance your cognitive function, positive mood, heart and body health.
Implementing these techniques can help slow down brain aging and support your cognition and memory.
At BrainMD, we are committed to providing The highest purity nutrients Improve your physical health and overall health. For more information about our complete list of brain health supplements, please contact us at the address below Doctor of Brain Medicine.
The articles you need to know about brain aging first appeared on the BrainMD Health blog.